FAQ’s for Lessons
The following information and tips will help you or your child have an enjoyable skiing and snowboarding experience:
When do you start taking lessons?
We will begin to offer lessons on Saturday, December 3rd.
Do I need to pre-register for lessons?
We strongly recommend that you pre-register for lessons by calling us at 218-844-SNOW so we can best prepare for your arrival!
Does my child need their own equipment?
We have top of the line skis and snowboards for you to rent if you do not have your own equipment!
Does my child need to wear a helmet?
Yes, every person who signs up for a lesson/purchases rentals will receive a helmet for free! We support the LIDS ON KIDS Program!
What should my child wear?
First and foremost, wear windproof clothing that allows active and free movements while providing warmth, breathability. Layers are also highly encouraged. Here are some specifics that you might want to bring:
- Warm jacket – windproof, breathable, and able to shed snow easily
- Snow pants – same material as jacket
- Multiple pairs of warm mittens/gloves (non-knit, waterproof preferable)
- 1 pair of high socks, wool or synthetic blends (no cotton, additional pairs of socks will cause the child discomfort)
- Neck warmer (optional)
- Hand/foot warmers (very helpful on cold days, we sell them in the gift shop if you need them)
- Goggles (not required but help on cold days or when visibility is limited, goggles are also available for purchase in the Mountain Gift Shop)
- Avoid cotton clothing. It gets wet, and then is cold and clammy. Use polypropylene or wicking type material under layers with synthetic fabrics like polar fleece as layering pieces on the cold days.
How long are lessons?
- Group Lesson – 90 minutes
- Private Lesson – 1 hour
- Small Fry – 45 minutes
- Never Ever Soiree – 2 hrs.
What time should I arrive for the lesson?
- There is almost no way to be too early to get ready for lessons (especially your first time)
- Group Lessons → Please arrive 45 minutes before the start of the lesson to give you enough time to go through the rental process (if you need to rent equipment) and get out on the snow! An instructor will meet you next at the entrance of Potential Park 15 min prior to the start of the lesson.
Do you offer camps?
We will be offering a winter break camp. Stay tuned for more info. Pre-registration is required.
Do you offer lessons for all ages?
Yes! We group our lessons by age and ability so you can get the most out of your lesson experience.
What are the class sizes?
We will do our very best to keep class sizes as small as possible. 1:5 or less. Due to group variability sometimes this ratio may be higher.
Will my child ride the chairlift?
After your child has gone through our Terrain Based Learning™ program and the instructor feels that your child is capable of staying in control while skiing or boarding, the instructor may take your child on the chair lift! Using the lifts is based on the child’s skill levels and the entire group’s ability.
Where do I pick up my child?
You will pick up and at the entrance of Potential Park. Please check in with an instructor before leaving.
Can I ski or ride along with my child?
We understand wanting to watch your child ski or ride while honing their skills and be there if they “need” you. We highly discourage parents from participating in the lessons as it interferes with the bonding, trusting, and learning process between the instructor and student. Feel free to treat this lesson time as time where you can enjoy yourself on the slopes, gift shop, Mountain Café, or kicking back and enjoying a good book by our wonderful fireplace.
Do you have a make-up/cancellation policy?
Yes, we do have a cancellation policy. If you are unable to make a lesson you must call 24 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund. Any calls after 24 hours will be charged 50% of the lesson or camp price. You can make up a lesson or reschedule but you must do so 24 hours before your lesson starts in order to receive full credit to be applied to your next lesson scheduled.
Do you have a refund/withdrawal policy?
All SnowSports programs can be refunded based on the circumstance which will be determined by the Guest Services Manager or General Manager. There is no guarantee of a full refund.
Guests may withdraw and receive full refund if done so within 24 hours.
How do I reach the Snowsports Department?
The best way to reach the Snowsports Department is by email! Please email email@example.com for any questions or comments. You may also call 218-844-SNOW for any quick questions, the members of our Guest Services team will happy to help you!