COVID-19 INFORMATION AT DETROIT MOUNTAIN
As we work towards a successful and safe winter season, we ask that you be patient with us as we establish new processes and streamlined product offering. Below are a few changes you will need to plan for. Please keep in mind this list will change with the COVID environment accordingly.
For the 2020-21 season, all activities will require advance registration and payment. These options will be available on our website at detroitmountain.com. Activities will include:
- Lift Tickets
Guests will be asked to arrive during the time period that they signed up for. Please do not arrive significantly early or late, as we will not be able to accommodate changes to your purchased reservation. The best way to think of this is in terms of golf tee times. Refunds or exchanges will not be offered as you will have absorbed capacity that would have been sold to another customer.
- Touch-free and remote payments will allow for limited in-person interaction, with guest questions able to be answered by emailing email@example.com or calling 218-844-7669.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns Detroit Mountain is moving all ticketing and rental sales online and our system is unable to process gift cards online. If you have purchased a gift card and want to use it to buy advance tickets, please contact Guest Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 218-844-7669.
- If you would like to gift someone a visit to Detroit Mountain, please consider purchasing them a single day reservation on the hill.
For ease of mind and a new online purchasing option. We have simplified our product offering to include the option of a lift ticket or a lift ticket with rental.
*Guests under the age of 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
*All hours and offerings are subject to change.
Lift Ticket Offerings:
- Full Day Lift Tickets
- After 3pm Lift Tickets
- Twilight (After 6pm) Lift Tickets
- Full Day Rental Package
- Twilight (After 6pm) Rental Package
*All tubers are to be over 4 years of age and a minimum height of 42 inches.
- 2 hour tubing. (Includes lift ticket and tube for 2-hour timeslot)
- As we work towards offerings that allow for seamless online transactions, we are limiting the number of promotions available that do not fit within our new webstore format.
Lodge Use is Limited to Essential Functions
- Due to indoor capacity restrictions, the Lodge will not be able to be used in the same capacity as in year’s past. You will be asked to get ready in your vehicle or in a dedicated tent, with proper physical distancing practices. Only guests with a current day lift ticket for the day will be allowed to enter the lodge or temporary structures.
- Face coverings will be required inside.
Tubing Warming House
- Due to the small building size and inability to maintain physical distancing guidelines, the warming house will be open only for restrooms.
- Per MN Executive Order 20-74, space capacity is reduced by 50% under state law.
- Dining will be offered restaurant style with dining reservations being required and coordinated on-site.
- Guest tables will be limited to 4 per table, or 6 if family.
- We will accommodate guests with a limited option takeout menu.
- On peak visit days like some weekends and holidays, reservations will be limited based on the seating space that is available.
- The State of MN is currently under an Executive Order requiring face masks and face coverings to be worn in all public buildings and businesses. All Detroit Mountain guests and employees are asked to maintain a face coverings in all parts of the property. This includes outdoor areas including lift lines, chairlift chairs, lessons, and temporary structures where 6 ft. of physical distancing may not be probable. The executive order is issued by MN Governor Tim Walz.
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people their space.
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you and ride only with those you have traveled with to the ski hill.
- Outdoor portable restrooms will also be available in addition to interior restrooms this season.
- Please check back often and with our website being our base for the most up-to-date policy information.
- Please also check our social media outlets for information before your visit to Detroit Mountain.
- Hours and product offerings are subject to change.