COVID-19 INFORMATION AT DETROIT MOUNTAIN
As we work towards a successful and safe summer, these are a few changes you will need to plan for. Please keep in mind this list will change with the COVID environment accordingly.
For the 2021 summer season, all activities will require advance registration and payment. These options will be available on our website at detroitmountain.com. Activities will include:
Guests will pre-purchase an arrival timeslot (i.e. 9am-10am arrival - lift ticket + rental package) for the day they plan on participating. We ask that guests only arrive during the time period that they originally signed up for and do not arrive significantly early or late, as we will not be able to accommodate changes to your purchased reservation. The best way to think of this is in terms of golf tee times.
Refunds or exchanges will not be offered as you will have absorbed capacity that would have been sold to another customer. There will be NO OPTION TO PURCHASE TICKETS OR RENTALS ON-SITE. Please plan your visit ahead of time. Reservations will be available online one week before the activity date. A set number of tickets will be available for each day in order for Detroit Mountain to control capacity. Due to limited on-site space, our limited capacity will be limited only to guests with a current day lift ticket.
Why the restriction?
Due to limited bike rentals, we now require online reservations. As more bikes become available we will lift this restriction.
Our Private Bike Lessons are now taking available in a limited capacity. To book a lesson please call us at 218-844-7669.
Please note: Lift ticket + rentals will still be required and must be purchased separately, unless you have your own bike.
- The State of MN is currently under an Executive Order requiring face masks and face coverings to be worn in all public buildings and businesses. All Detroit Mountain guests and employees are asked to maintain a face covering in all parts of the property. This includes outdoor areas including lift lines, chairlift chairs, lessons, and temporary structures where 6 ft. of social distancing may not be probable. The executive order is issued by MN Governor Tim Walz.
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people their space.
- Outdoor portable restrooms will also be available in addition to interior restrooms this season.
- All staff are required to complete daily COVID-19 screenings. Anyone presenting signs or symptoms of illness are required to stay home.
- All employees and guests will wear face coverings in indoor structures, as well as in close contact with one another.
- Reducing capacity in our indoor spaces, by removing chairs and tables in our lodges.
- Adding Plexiglass barriers at close interaction points.
- Instituting additional sanitation measures in all of our common areas, including disinfecting frequently touched items such as door handles, counters, tables, chairs/benches, with special attention to high-traffic areas.
- Please check back often and with our website being our base for the most up-to-date policy information.
- Please also check our social media outlets for information before your visit to Detroit Mountain.
- Hours and product offerings are subject to change.