COVID-19 INFORMATION AT DETROIT MOUNTAIN
As we work towards a successful and safe winter season, we ask that you be patient with us as we establish new processes and streamlined product offering. Below are a few changes you will need to plan for. Please keep in mind this list will change with the COVID environment accordingly.
For the 2020-21 season, all activities will require advance registration and payment. These options will be available on our website at detroitmountain.com. Activities will include:
- Lift Tickets
*Our goal is to continue to allow season passholders the ability to ski or board anytime they want, which is why we are doing everything we can to avoid instituting a reservation system for season passholders. However, this may change at any point of the season, if any government order or recommendation is made.
Guests will pre-purchase an arrival timeslot (i.e. 9am-10am arrival - lift ticket + rental package) for the day they plan on participating. We ask that guests only arrive during the time period that they originally signed up for and do not arrive significantly early or late, as we will not be able to accommodate changes to your purchased reservation. The best way to think of this is in terms of golf tee times.
Refunds or exchanges will not be offered as you will have absorbed capacity that would have been sold to another customer. There will be NO OPTION TO PURCHASE TICKETS OR RENTALS ON-SITE. Please plan your visit ahead of time. Reservations will be available online one week before the activity date. A set number of tickets will be available for each day in order for Detroit Mountain to control capacity. Due to limited on-site space, our limited capacity will be limited only to guests with a current day lift ticket.
Why the restriction?
Our on-hill capacity allows for skiers and riders the ability to space out and physically distance. However, we want to ensure that all resort services such as our ticketing and rental department are accommodating a manageable number of guests at the time of arrival. With a controlled capacity at the time of arrival the guest will have a quicker on-hill experience.
For our guests who need equipment rentals, we have allocated a pre-reserved session time where the guest will arrive at Detroit Mountain, get dressed in their winter gear at their vehicle, then enter the appropriate que line for their reservation. From there we expect a brief waiting time while we finish booting up the guests that arrived before you, so we ask that you are ready in your winter gear, as the process to boot up will have a limited wait once you are inside the building. Once you arrive inside the building the process will be seamless, a limited number of guests will be allowed in the lodge and this will allow for physical distancing at the Guest Services windows and Rentals. Once you reach the Rental department, we will assist a manageable level of guests in a limited capacity, along with each party being seated and spaced out 6 feet from others.
Our Snowsports lessosn are now taking available in a limited capacity. Offering and availability is limmited. To book a lesson online you may visit this page and purchase 72 hours in advance of activity date: https://detroitmountain.com/lessons/
Please note: Lift ticket + rentals will still be required and must be purchased separately.
- Touch-free and remote payments will allow for limited in-person interaction, with guest questions able to be answered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 218-844-7669.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns Detroit Mountain is moving all ticketing and rental sales online and our system is unable to process gift cards online. If you have purchased a gift card and want to use it to buy advance tickets, please contact Guest Services by emailing email@example.com or calling 218-844-7669.
- If you would like to gift someone a visit to Detroit Mountain, please consider purchasing them a single day reservation on the hill.
For ease of mind and a new online purchasing option. We have simplified our product offering to include the option of a lift ticket or a lift ticket with rental.
*Guests under the age of 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
*All hours and offerings are subject to change.
Lift Ticket Offerings:
- Full Day Lift Tickets
- After 3pm Lift Tickets
- Twilight (After 6pm) Lift Tickets
- Full Day Rental Package
- Twilight (After 6pm) Rental Package
*All tubers are to be over 4 years of age and a minimum height of 42 inches.
- 2 hour tubing. (Includes lift ticket and tube for 2-hour timeslot)
- As we work towards offerings that allow for seamless online transactions, we are limiting the number of promotions available that do not fit within our new webstore format.
We understand that this will be a tough change, especially when the bitterly cold Minnesota winters. We have tents available for guests to avoid the natural elements. Additionally, indoor dining is available.
Lodge Use is Limited to Essential Functions
- Our lodge is currently being used for essential functions. Detroit Mountain’s indoor facilities are currently limited to Guest Services and Rental functions, as well as indoor dining.
- Since the Lodge will not be able to be used in the same capacity as in year’s past. We ask that you gear up at your vehicle or in a dedicated tent, with proper physical distancing practices.
Tubing Warming House
- Due to indoor space limitations, the tubing lodge will remain closed through the 2020-21 season. Tubing tickets may be redeemed through an outside window, as well as the purchase of limited snacks, beverages, and hot chocolate.
- Our indoor seating is available restaurant-style with a limited amount of seating and 40-minute time limit. Due to limited space we are unable to have this space available as a warm up or hang out space, but rather we will be managing reservations for guests to take a break to dine and eat. Reservations will be made available day-of and will be coordinated on-site.
- Slopeside Eats is an outdoor to-go meal and beverage option, which is available on Saturday and Sundays in addition to the indoor dining. Walk up service will be available for purchase out of a window near our bar. All food and beverage service will be available on the east end of the lodge.
Make your vehicle your base lodge. With capacity within our lodges significantly restricted this season, you should plan to use your car as your base lodge to put on your gear and boot up. This will also be a great spot to warm up, take breaks and eat your lunch.
Leave your bags and coolers in your car. We ask that guests return all of their personal bags and shoes/boots to their vehicle. Gear left in the lodge or tent structures will be taken to lost and found and donated after 1 week.
- The State of MN is currently under an Executive Order requiring face masks and face coverings to be worn in all public buildings and businesses. All Detroit Mountain guests and employees are asked to maintain a face covering in all parts of the property. This includes outdoor areas including lift lines, chairlift chairs, lessons, and temporary structures where 6 ft. of social distancing may not be probable. The executive order is issued by MN Governor Tim Walz.
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people their space.
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you and ride only with those you have traveled with to the ski hill.
- Outdoor portable restrooms will also be available in addition to interior restrooms this season.
Arrive Together – Ride Together. To provide safe lift service, we will only be loading chairs with related groups (those skiing/riding together). Unrelated parties will not be able to ride the chairlift together. We will not have a designated singles line, but single skiers and riders will have the option to ride alone.
- All staff are required to complete daily COVID-19 screenings. Anyone presenting signs or symptoms of illness are required to stay home.
- All employees and guests will wear face coverings in indoor structures, as well as in close contact with one another.
- Reducing capacity in our indoor spaces, by removing chairs and tables in our lodges.
- Adding Plexiglass barriers at close interaction points.
- Instituting additional sanitation measures in all of our common areas, including disinfecting frequently touched items such as door handles, counters, tables, chairs/benches, with special attention to high-traffic areas.
- Please check back often and with our website being our base for the most up-to-date policy information.
- Please also check our social media outlets for information before your visit to Detroit Mountain.
- Hours and product offerings are subject to change.