The Detroit Mountain Ski Patrol is a fully sanctioned chapter of the National Ski Patrol. We are a volunteer organization serving the Detroit Mountain Recreation Area and its guests by providing basic emergency medical care on the mountain and on the property. Though membership is a serious commitment of time and effort, there are many benefits besides fun, camaraderie and the opportunity for community service.
- Yearly CPR Certification. Either online or attending a recognized course.
- Outdoor Emergency Care Certification. Needs to be completed within two years of joining the patrol as a candidate.
- National Ski Patrol Membership. Annual dues are $84.
- Must volunteer at least 80 hours with the patrol during the ski season.
- Must provide own medical pack or bag. OEC certified patrollers must provide NSP vest or jacket.
- Season Pass – $25 each for OEC patroller and in-home family members. Candidates eligible only for individual pass.
- Single-Day Passes – Five free guest passes after 40 hours worked. Five more after 80 hours worked. Passes can be used on the tubing hill, or for a guest’s lift ticket or rentals or both. Lift ticket and rental would require two passes from the patroller.
- Five guest passes may be carried over into the next season and will be immediately available.
- Rental Discounts – Some blackout dates apply.
- Food and beverage discounts – When on duty.
- Merchandise discount – DM Mountain Shop.
- Discounted DM Patrol logo wear – Casual wear items to wear while off duty.
- Commemorative Patrol T Shirt –Different design each season
- Ski Skills Enhancement Seminars. Many opportunities to strengthen your skills. Toboggan training is encouraged and provided, but not required.
- Opportunities to sign on to patrol at other ski areas throughout the country.
- NSP Discounts. NSP Magazine. The NSP catalog provides dramatic discounts on high-quality gear and clothing to members.