Ski Patrol is a great way to serve as an ambassador to Detroit Mountain.
Detroit Mountain Ski Patrol
Enjoy Skiing or Riding?
Want people to enjoy it as well and help them be safe doing it?
Join The Ski Patrol
- Discounted Gear
- Cheap Season Passes
- Buddy Passes
- Passes to Other Ski Resorts
- Community of Lifelong Friends
DM Ski Patrol is a unique group of individuals passionate about growing the sport and providing quick response care and guidance while you’re on the hill. It’s a volunteer organization serving the Detroit Mountain Recreation Area and its guests by providing basic emergency medical care on the property. It’s a fully sanctioned chapter of the National Ski Patrol.
Detroit Mountain provides the Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) course in the fall. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have one of the Ski Patrollers walk you through the onboarding process.
- Yearly CPR Certification. Either online or attending a recognized course.
- Outdoor Emergency Care Certification. Needs to be completed within two years of joining the patrol as a candidate.
- National Ski Patrol Membership. Annual dues are $84.
- Must volunteer at least 80 hours with the patrol during the ski season.
- Must provide own medical pack or bag. OEC certified patrollers must provide NSP vest or jacket.
- Season Pass – $25 each for OEC patroller and in-home family members. Candidates eligible only for individual pass.
- Single-Day Passes – Five free guest passes after 40 hours worked. Five more after 80 hours worked. Passes can be used on the tubing hill, or for a guest’s lift ticket or rentals or both. Lift ticket and rental would require two passes from the patroller.
- Five guest passes may be carried over into the next season and will be immediately available.
- Rental Discounts – Some blackout dates apply.
- Food and beverage discounts – When on duty.
- Merchandise discount – DM Mountain Shop.
- Discounted DM Patrol logo wear – Casual wear items to wear while off duty.
- Commemorative Patrol T Shirt –Different design each season
- Ski Skills Enhancement Seminars. Many opportunities to strengthen your skills. Toboggan training is encouraged and provided, but not required.
- Opportunities to sign on to patrol at other ski areas throughout the country.
- NSP Discounts. NSP Magazine. The NSP catalog provides dramatic discounts on high-quality gear and clothing to members.